Point of Care is committed to the prevention of cervical cancer and has vaccinated thousands of women of all ages in conjunction with Aviva Health. We offer individual and group cervical cancer vaccination programmes for women across all ages in schools, universities, corporates and in our clinics nationwide.
How common is Cervical Cancer?
Cancer of the cervix is the second most common female cancer in the world after cancer of the
breast. Every year in Ireland about 200 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer and about 90
women die from it.
What is Cervical Cancer?
Cervical cancer is cancer of the cells in the lining of the cervix. Cervical cancers do not form
suddenly. Over time normal cervical cells can change slowly and turn into cancer cells.
How can I protect myself from developing Cervical Cancer?
• Having a regular smear test
• Quitting smoking
• By being vaccinated against the HPV virus
Why is Cervical Cancer Vaccination important?
Cervical Cancer Vaccination gives you protection against the most common cancer-causing types of HPV. This helps prevent the vast majority of cervical cancer.
General facts about the Cervical Cancer Vaccination:
• The vaccine is administered in three doses within a period of six months.
• Vaccination is generally well tolerated.
• The vaccine does not cause cervical cancer.
• While vaccination prevents against the vast majority of cervical cancer, by protecting against the most common cancer-causing types of HPV, it does not give you protection against ALL the cancer-causing types. So you will still need to have regular smear tests to help protect you.
How much does the vaccination cost with Point of Care?
Full Payment: €329 per person
Monthly Payment: Pay €33.90 per month for 10 months
If you have Aviva Health Insurance, you can apply for a rebate of €60 on once full payment has been made and all 3 doses are completed. You can also claim tax relief on the un-reimbursed amount through the Med 1 form.
Group Price (25 people and more)
Full payment: €299 per person
Monthly Payment: Pay €30.90 per month for 10 months
If you have Aviva Health Insurance, you can apply for a rebate of €50 on once full payment has been made and all 3 doses are completed. You can also claim tax relief on the un-reimbursed amount through the Med 1 form.
How can I book?
If you wish to book an individual appointment please call our Cervical Cancer booking line on 1890 304 305
To organize a group vaccination, please call our Care Cordination team on +353 (0) 1 4992674